Projectors By Room
There are many different types of room projectors available, so it is important to choose the right one for your needs. Some factors to consider include the projector's resolution, brightness, throw ratio, and lamp life. You should also think about how you plan to use the projector. For example, if you want a projector for living room use, check out our home cinema projectors. These projectors are capable of large screen sizes and feature high resolutions such as 1080p and 4K. If you are using it for business presentations, you may want a projector that is bright, lightweight and portable.
Free UK Delivery
Expert Technical Advisors
Room Projectors Frequently Asked Questions
What should I consider when choosing a room projector?
- Brightness: The brightness of a projector is measured in lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the image will be. For living room use with ambient light, it is recommended to choose a projector with at least 2,600 lumens. For bedroom use in the dark, it is recommended to choose a projector with at least 1,200 lumens.
- Resolution: The resolution of a projector determines the sharpness and clarity of the image. The higher the resolution, the sharper and clearer the image will be. For most home cinema applications, it is recommended to choose a projector with a resolution of at least 1080p but ideally 4K UHD
- Throw distance: The throw distance of a projector refers to the distance between the projector and the screen. Throw distances vary depending on the projector, so it is important to check the specifications before making a purchase.
- Price: Room projectors range in price from a few hundred pounds to several thousand pounds. It is important to set a budget before making a purchase.
What can I use a room projector for?
Once you’ve chosen a room projector, you can start enjoying all the benefits that it has to offer. Here are just a few ways to use a room projector:
- Watch movies and TV shows: Living room projectors are perfect for watching movies and TV shows with family and friends. The large screen and immersive image quality will make you feel like you’re at the cinema.
- Play video games: Room projectors are also great for playing video games. The large screen, high resolution (opt for at least 1080p) and wide viewing angle will give you a competitive advantage.
- Give presentations: Room projectors are an essential tool for giving business presentations. The large screen and bright, clear image will help you to engage your audience and communicate your ideas effectively. Aim for a brightness of at least 4500 lumens if you are unsure what ambient light will be in the room when arriving to give your presentation with your room projector.
How do I set up a room projector?
Setting up a room projector is relatively easy. Simply place the projector on a flat, level surface and connect it to the mains power with the supplied power cord and to your desired source device, such as a laptop, Blu-ray player, or game console. Position the projector so that the projected image casts onto a flat blank wall or ideally a projector screen for best results. Turn on the projector and focus the image with the dials on the lens of the projector. Be sure no ambient light is hitting the screen.
What is the best way to use a room projector?
The best way to use a room projector depends on your individual needs and preferences. However, here are a few tips:
- Use the projector in a dark room: Room projectors work best in dark rooms. If you are using the projector in a bright room, try to close the curtains or blinds and turn off room light to reduce ambient light.
- Position the projector correctly: The projector should be positioned so that the image is centered on the screen and the projector is level and square on to the scren. You can use the projector’s keystone correction feature to make minor adjustments to the image if it is not aligned properly.
- Use a high-quality screen: A good screen will help to produce a sharp and clear image.
- Adjust the settings to your liking: Room projectors come with a variety of settings that you can adjust to your liking. Experiment with different settings to find the ones that produce the best image quality for your needs.
Discover The Latest Guides and Advice
Home Cinema Projector AdviceSetting up your own home cinema has never been as easy or affordable as it is now. However, projectors tend to be optimised either for PC use or for home cinema, and very few truly excel at both. So if you’re considering investing, it’s worth knowing what to look out for in a brilliant home […]Read More
Create a cinema room at homeAre you an avid movie watcher with some space to spare in your home? You should consider creating a cinema room at your place! Creating a cinema room at home can be easy and affordable. Getting the key details right, like the sound and acoustics, room layout, and ambience, is essential to creating a cinema […]Read More
How Bright Should My Projector Be?Every home theatre or meeting room environment is unique. While projectors can be used in a variety of locations, it’s important to determine the projector light level (lumens) necessary to provide a suitable image in any given situation. The amount of light provided by any projector is an important factor in determining the visibility of […]Read More
Best Budget Short Throw ProjectorsMost people looking to add a projector to their meeting room setup quickly find that they don’t have all that much space to play around with. Even if your room is large enough to fit a two-metre throw distance, is it large enough to leave that space clear for chairs and tables for meeting attendees […]Read More
Best budget projector for gamingIf you are an enthusiastic gamer, you will know nothing beats a smooth, immersive gaming experience on a large screen. That is where projectors come into play. Besides being more affordable than a flat-screen TV, projectors offer a range of benefits for gaming. Our guide will introduce you to the benefits of gaming with a […]Read More
Best golf simulators for homeIf you love golf and don’t want weather conditions to interfere with your practice, consider purchasing a golf simulator for your home. There are different types of golf simulators available in the market, ranging from high-end to low-end. They provide a convenient way for players to practice their golf swing in a simulated environment and […]Read More
Best portable projectorGood projectors can make a big difference in educational and business presentations, but people often underestimate their impact. A top-grade projector not only makes your work look better—by displaying graphics, images, and other media segments in a more appealing way—but also caters to the needs of different audiences. There is an assortment of portable projectors […]Read More